April 08, 2005

Excellent Lover

There is only One who knows me, inside and out. He knows all my faults. He knows my weaknesses. He has seen my failures. Yet He loves me still!

He was there for me when I made huge mistakes. He encouraged me and gave me the strength to arise and stand once again.

"My lover spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me."
-Song of Solomon 2:10 (NIV)


He watched as I veered from the path of righteousness and stumbled down a rocky road of sin. He nudged me, prodded me, guided me with His gentle hand of mercy, back to a place of morality.

"Generous in love--God, give grace! Huge in mercy--wipe out my bad record. Scrub away my guilt, soak out my sins in your laundry. I know how bad I've been; my sins are staring me down."
-Psalms 51:1-3 (MSG)



Horrific thoughts plagued my mind. Black clouds of depression engulfed me until I couldn't breathe. He commanded them to leave, then peace and joy flooded my mind and soul.

"GOD makes his people strong. GOD gives his people peace."
-Psalms 29:11 (MSG)



I had nothing...NOTHING. Piles of bills stacked higher and higher. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what would happen. But every time He made a way. Just when I thought it was hopeless, He always provided.

"You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus."
-Philippians 4:19 (MSG)



I gave up hope. I stopped trying. I started looking to ungodly things for my own pleasure. He didn't turn His back on me. He didn't leave me standing in darkness. He shook His head and said, "No!" and guided me back to victory in Him.

"The hand of GOD is raised in victory! The hand of GOD has turned the tide!"
-Psalms 118:16 (MSG)



I felt alone. I felt abandoned. I felt as though surely He had left me this time. I couldn't feel His presence with me anymore. I walked through a dry, hot, dusty desert. But He was there. I was never alone. I needed to be separated, in order to think, and feel, and learn.

Jesus is the lover of my soul. He is my dearest Friend. Nobody could ever do for me what He has done. Loving, gentle, and kind. Stern at times, yet accepting. He never leaves me. He is always there for me, even at my worst. Jesus truly is an Excellent Lover!

"I'm absolutely convinced that nothing--nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable--absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us."
-Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)