December 15, 2005

Everybody needs a break

Today was the best day I've had in quite some time. My aunt kept Elijah for me all day. I had tons of errands to run, and even more housecleaning to do. It was nice to do the mundane things without having to lug Elijah in and out of the van all morning.

Emily's class Christmas party was this afternoon. I went early and was able to help Emily's teacher prepare for the party. This was the first time I've had the opportunity to do this, and I loved it! It was so much fun fixing their party plates (sugar mountains) and gifts.

I've been knitting scarves the last couple of weeks for all the kiddies. To be honest, I really didn't expect them to "love" them, because...well, that's just how kids are. To my surprise and delight, they LOVED them! Even the boys all had fits over their striped Bohemian scarves. That made my day.

When I went to get Elijah, I fully expected him to be whiney and cry for me. Instead, the little squirt was running around acting silly and cutting up. Seems to me he enjoyed the time apart from me, too!

Tonight I'm tired--but a good tired. My mind feels refreshed, relaxed, and ready...ready for anything (I think!). I like this feeling. I didn't realize how badly I needed a break.