December 04, 2005

It's going around

These memes are like a bad flu bug--one person catches it and sneezes on another and before you know it, we've all got it! I wonder if it isn't like the gossip game--by the time you get to about the 30th person down the line, the meme you're doing isn't the one it started out to be. If someone knows where this one originated, leave me a comment. It might be fun to see if we're still on track here. LOL!

Christa tagged me for this one, where I am to list 15 facts and personal preferences about books and then tag 3 more people. Here goes:


  1. I love books. Always have.

  2. I collect books. I usually have an enormous stack on-hand that need to be read, and yet will buy another one if it looks good.

  3. I am loyal to authors I know on a personal level. Even if I don't particularly care for their genre of writing, I support them by purchasing their new releases.

  4. My favorite series as a teen were: Nancy Drew (the original) and Sweet Valley High.

  5. The first book I remember falling in love with: The Secret Garden. The second: Charlotte's Web.

  6. I never have cared much for murder-mystery books. They scare me. I once read one of James Patterson's books while I was home alone at night, and I was afraid to go to sleep. Later, I watched the movie, and was afraid to go to sleep.

  7. I don't care for hardcover books. I'll read them--I just prefer soft covers.

  8. One of my favorite things to do with my daughter is go to the library.

  9. Emily loves books as much as I. We recently visited Goodwill and she brought home nearly 20 books--I kid you not. The one that she read all the way home? A huge, hardcover children's dictionary. I'm not kidding.

  10. I love getting books for Christmas. (hint, hint)

  11. The majority of what I read is Christian fiction.

  12. I don't like curse words in books I read. Once I read one, it flusters me and I rarely enjoy the rest of the book (if it's Christian fiction).

  13. I love Heartsong Presents books. I've been a member of their monthly book club for more years than I can remember. They are light romances that can be read very quickly.

  14. When I was younger (pre-marriage, pre-kids), I would stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning just to finish a book.

  15. I am a writer. I have several works of fiction in progress.


There you have it. Now who can I tag? Angela, Kelly & Toni, YOU'RE IT! (I won't blame you if you don't do it.)