Christa tagged me for this one, where I am to list 15 facts and personal preferences about books and then tag 3 more people. Here goes:
- I love books. Always have.
- I collect books. I usually have an enormous stack on-hand that need to be read, and yet will buy another one if it looks good.
- I am loyal to authors I know on a personal level. Even if I don't particularly care for their genre of writing, I support them by purchasing their new releases.
- My favorite series as a teen were: Nancy Drew (the original) and Sweet Valley High.
- The first book I remember falling in love with: The Secret Garden. The second: Charlotte's Web.
- I never have cared much for murder-mystery books. They scare me. I once read one of James Patterson's books while I was home alone at night, and I was afraid to go to sleep. Later, I watched the movie, and was afraid to go to sleep.
- I don't care for hardcover books. I'll read them--I just prefer soft covers.
- One of my favorite things to do with my daughter is go to the library.
- Emily loves books as much as I. We recently visited Goodwill and she brought home nearly 20 books--I kid you not. The one that she read all the way home? A huge, hardcover children's dictionary. I'm not kidding.
- I love getting books for Christmas. (hint, hint)
- The majority of what I read is Christian fiction.
- I don't like curse words in books I read. Once I read one, it flusters me and I rarely enjoy the rest of the book (if it's Christian fiction).
- I love Heartsong Presents books. I've been a member of their monthly book club for more years than I can remember. They are light romances that can be read very quickly.
- When I was younger (pre-marriage, pre-kids), I would stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning just to finish a book.
- I am a writer. I have several works of fiction in progress.
There you have it. Now who can I tag? Angela, Kelly & Toni, YOU'RE IT! (I won't blame you if you don't do it.)