October 22, 2009

Are you ready?

With every passing day, there are more and more events happening and plans being set into motion that confirm the Word of God about the end of time. It seems like the last few weeks my awareness has become much more astute than ever before.

Growing up, I always heard older people talking about the rapture. I heard them say many times that Jesus was coming soon. And I’ve always believed that one day Jesus will come back for His church, but it has never been more real to me than it is right now.

This heightened awareness makes my spirit leap for joy. I cannot wait until the burdens of this life roll away and we are caught up to meet Him in the air. When that awesome day comes, I know without a doubt that every burden and trial we’ve ever faced here on this earth will forever be forgotten. I can hardly wait!

Some people become a little scared when they hear others talking about the end times. They feel nervous about what might happen, or how it will happen. I have no idea what will take place or when God will call His children home to be with Him. I can’t allow myself to become encumbered with worry over what events might take place and how it might affect me. All I can do is make sure I’m prayed up and ready when He comes. I need to see after my family and do everything I can to encourage others to make their souls ready and right with God.

Are you ready? Will your traveling shoes be on when that great trumpet sounds?