June 30, 2005

Character

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition aspired, and success achieved."
- Helen Keller


I have often wondered over the last several months why my surroundings seem to be filled with chaos. It feels like the things that I once could count on for stability and support are the very things that cause me to feel as though I could crumble at any given moment.

Life is that way. People and circumstances change every day. I am so thankful that my God is never changing! He is and always has been a constant source of love and support to me. No matter what stormy winds blow through my life, Jesus is right there, sheltering me with His scarred hand. He protects me from the winds that blow and the rain that pelts down upon me.

This quote gives me hope. To hear this profound statement that came from a woman who overcame such surrmounting odds gives me comfort. I can expect my character development through all the chaos and trouble that I have made my way through. I anxiously await my soul to be strengthened, my vision cleared, my ambition aspired, and my success achieved. What a thought!