June 03, 2004

I'm a Mom Writer!

Well, Eli woke up around 3:30 this morning. He went back to sleep, but Mommy didn't. And while I laid there counting sheep, this LOUD voice in my head kept saying, "GET UP AND WRITE! USE THIS TIME! IT'S QUIET! GO WRITE!" You know....THAT voice.

So I peeled away the covers, came in the living room, and spent a few minutes with God in prayer. I had to thank Him, you know, for waking me up so early this morning. :)

Afterwards, I got the laptop out and opened up my file and got to work. I got about 3-4 pages out pretty quick. However, this tiger inside, named Sleep Deprivation yawned, stretched, then yawned again.

By this time the hubby was up, asking for coffee. So I closed down my apps and made coffee. I nestled my big booty into our VERY lumpy sofa and sunggled up with my favorite granny-square afghan that my sister made. Alas, the afghan (much as I love it) isn't long enough to cover my long legs. So I wrestled with it for a few minutes, finally hooking my big toe into one of the holey spaces, and pulling it up under my chin as much as I could. I closed my eyes, and.........

PA-DA! PA-DA! PA-DA!

The sound of Eli bucking his butt in the baby bed told me he was awake.

After a bottle and a burp, Eli was back in his bed, and I in mine.