October 18, 2004

Be gone, Evil One!

Drats to that old evil People Pleasing thing that rears its ugly head within me!! I am working so hard on doing the things that I want to do, and being me but it isn't that simple.

Just when I think I am moving forward, It rears Its ugly head again. It stifles my ability to think clearly. It makes me doubt myself. It makes me paranoid. It plays a song in my head, the title of which is, "You're a failure, and you'll never be anything but!"

Where's my weaponry? Where's the sharp words of courage and self-belief? Quickly now I must reach deep within myself and pull out the courage that I know lies within. Victory SHALL be mine!!

P.S. Never fear, all is well. I just thought it would be fun to create a humorous post about the silly things I deal with sometimes.