November 02, 2004

Be heard

I was going to avoid the subject of Election 2004 today, simply because this will be a hot topic everywhere. However, I feel that it is important to voice what I feel this morning.

You see, this will be the first time I have voted in ten years. Voting has always intimidated me. To know that your vote can make the difference one way or the other (yes, I firmly believe that) is a powerful thing.

This year is different. This year I watched as my husband left for war. I stood with my five-year-old daughter and nine-month-old son and said, "Good-bye."

This election is different for me. Different because I will make my voice heard this time. I will vote. I will stand for what I believe in.

Please do the same. Weigh the options. Yes, things in this world are terribly crazy these days. But don't slack on your duty as an American citizen. Get to the polls today and be heard.

Today I will cast my vote. For my country. For my husband. For my children.