November 27, 2004

Romance

After seven years of marriage, romance had pretty much become a funny, weird word in my vocabulary. No longer did I get butterflies in my stomach. Nervous jitters were a thing of the distant past.

Something strange has happened.

Distance truly does make the heart grow fonder.

I watched Raising Helen tonight, which stars one of my favorite actresses, Kate Hudson. It was a light comedy, sprinkled with a bit of sadness. There was just enough romance there to put the butterflutters in my tummy again.

Another really good romantic comedy that Kate Hudson stars in is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. This one stars another of my favorites, Matthew McConaughey, who is a cutie pie with a southern accent. This movie will be my next purchase. I rarely buy movies, but every now and then I find a really good one that is worth watching over and over until the tape wears out. This is one of those.

It's funny because I thought romance was gone from my life forever. After several years of marriage and several children later, you tend to forget about the romantic, sexy side of you. You sort of put that person on the shelf and only dust it off every now and then but not too often.

I love it when something sparks that inside me once again. Plus, the fact that I've been seperated from my Hunny Bunny (not by choice) since August only adds to the sweet expectation of seeing one another again!