November 17, 2004

The love of God

Psalm 91:1-4
You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow,
Say this: "GOD, you're my refuge.I trust in you and I'm safe!"
That's right--he rescues you from hidden traps,shields you from deadly hazards.
His huge outstretched arms protect you--under them you're perfectly safe;his arms fend off all harm.


Just when it seemed like I didn't know what else to do, God swooped in and rescued me. When I couldn't feel Him anymore, when I thought I'd walked too far from His grace, He was still right there beside me.

He held me in His arms. He told me He'd seen every day that had been filled with anguish and pain. He told me that He saw the painful tears I cried in private that nobody else knows about. He told me that He is going to take it all and turn it around to be used for something other than pain.

I could literally feel His arms of love wrap around me. They encompassed me. They made me feel safe and loved and cared for. And I knew in that very moment that He really was there all the time. He had never once left my side. It was I who had turned my face from Him.

If you are searching for tangible support or love, remember that God is the only One who can love you unconditionally. His love never fails. He will be there with and for you when nobody else is. When all your friends abandon you, when you have no family to turn to, God will be there. Trust in Him!