March 14, 2005

The truth about words

Words seem to fill my thoughts lately. Not just my own words, but words from others as well. Kind words, harsh words, uplifting words, negative words, inspiring words...

I have been going through some sort of "shlump" lately. Feeling the urge to clean up things. A few weeks back I did a huge pre-spring cleaning. I threw away tons of stuff and donated even more to a local charity.

I even cleaned up my online living. Left groups I belonged to for a long time. Cut away the fat, so to speak.

And it still seems like it's just not enough. I have found myself searching, digging for truths that will lead me in the direction I should go. And all my exploring brings me right back to where I started from.

Am I being true to me?
Am I truly following after God?
Am I in the will of God?
What more could I be doing?
Why does it seem that the enemy continues to oppress me?
How can I be a greater overcomer in Christ?


Words are powerful. Words are the gas that fuels us into action. Words are mighty and strong weapons. I don't think I realized that until now. Are my words being utilized in the manner that they ought to be? Or am I just flinging words out there and hoping they'll return to complete fruition?

"May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer."
- Psalms 19:14 (NLT)