February 17, 2006

Immersion

Yesterday I dabbled in my art again. I started by coloring in a Strawberry Shortcake coloring book. It was fun to just let the crayons glide across the page.

Last night I pulled out the altered book I started quite a while back. I stopped working on it because my perfectionism issues got in my way the last time. I always have an image in my mind when I set out on a project like this, but the end results never looked quite right to me. Yesterday I played. I didn't worry about the art being "perfect."

I ended up painting a few pages and starting a collage on two of them. Then I painted several cards, in preparation to make some artist trading cards. I owe several people return cards from last year and I just haven't had time to make any to send out. I feel bad about it, but that's just the way it is. Anyway, I've got some pretty pinks and blues painted and will probably start collaging on them either today or tomorrow.

No pictures today because my card is still full on my camera. I'll try to dump it as well this weekend so I can share some photos of my finished work next week.

I'll see you on Monday! Have a fabulous weekend....and be nice to you.