February 22, 2005

The Notebook

I read this book when it first came out and cried through the whole thing. Why did I think watching the movie might be any different? I've cried on movies before, but not like this. I sobbed throughout the entire movie. I'm glad I watched it alone because my girly outbursts of insane snotting and bawling would have thrown anyone into fits of laughter.

I've always been a sucker for a sappy love story. Let me tell you--THIS is a sappy love story! If you've read the book already, then you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't read the book, well...you may as well go to Wal-Mart and buy yourself a BIG box of Kleenex before you go home to watch it. Trust me...you'll need it!!

I think the thing that "got me" most about this story is that (a) it reminds me of my maternal grandparents (my Maw had Alzheimer's) and (b) I can totally envision "Noah" and "Alli" as "Robert" and "Hope" one day.

I MISS MY HONEY PIE!!!!