January 06, 2005

Self-satisfaction

There has never been a greater feeling than self-satisfaction. You know...that feeling that you get when you've been to Granny's house and just finished one of her famous homecooked meals. That rub-my-tummy-man-that-was-so-good feeling.

Many of us tend to look to others for validation. I have been guilty of that many times. Truth be told, I'm still guilty of it from time to time.

The only way we will find true inner peace is when we set a goal, follow through and complete it. That, my friends, is a good feeling.

So what is that one little thing that you've been wanting--dying--to do but won't let yourself? JUST DO IT!

You know how. You know when. You know where.

Get up and do it. No ifs, ands or buts. The time is NOW. If I can conquer my fears and swallow my doubts, surely you can, too!

I invite you to leave a comment here, sharing what you are going to challenge yourself to do in the coming days/weeks/months. Be specific. Have you been dying to do something, but told yourself it was too childish, stupid, or just a plain crazy idea? THAT is what you should challenge yourself to do! Forget about the easy things. Forget about the simple things. Go for the outrageous. Attempt the more exceptional things. Don't give yourself more than a minute to contemplate it, else you'll talk yourself out of it.

Go ahead--POST YOUR CHALLENGE IN THE COMMENTS NOW! I DOUBLE DARE YOU!!!