December 07, 2004

Reflection

It's that time of year again. Time for reflecting on what I accomplished in 2004. I have certainly come a long way, and yet have so much farther to go. While I did accomplish some of the goals I set for myself this year, I don't feel that I worked hard enough on the major ones that really matter to me.

Over the next two weeks, I will be concentrating on wrapping up lots of loose ends. My desire is to begin the new year with a fresh perspective and clean slate. While I have many physical goals that I will be working on in 2005, one of my main personal goals is to say, "No" more often. I have always had this terrible leech on my back that made me say, "Yes" even when I didn't want to. I'm tired of being a People Pleaser.

I have a feeling that once I begin being me some of my friends and family aren't going to know what to think. I think some of them may get mad at me. Some may stop talking to me. Regardless of what happens, it's time to get my house in order. I'm tired of living under this cloud of guilt and self-doubt.

Good riddance to the me that lives to please everyone else! Hello to the new me, the real me!