August 02, 2005

Just Do It!

One day a man arrived from Baal Shalishah. He brought the man of God twenty loaves of fresh baked bread from the early harvest, along with a few apples from the orchard.

Elisha said, "Pass it around to the people to eat."

His servant said, "For a hundred men? There's not nearly enough!"

Elisha said, "Just go ahead and do it. GOD says there's plenty."

And sure enough, there was. He passed around what he had--they not only ate, but had leftovers.
- 2 Kings 4:42-44 (The Message)


Have you ever argued with God? Sure, you have. We all have argued with God at some point over whether or not we should do what He tells us to do.

God works in mysterious ways. His thoughts are higher than ours (Psalms 139:17).

I cannot tell you how many times I have questioned God. In recent months, I have been pelted with so many situations that just felt simply unbearable. I questioned God:

Why? Why me? What have I done wrong? Why are You allowing this?

Now that I am on the "other" side of the storms, I can look back and, with assuredness, know that God had His hand on my life through it all.

We can never understand God's ways. There are things He does that seems so odd, so off-base. But when we can trust Him and just let Him do what He wants to do, everything works out for the best in the end.

We are His children (Psalms 103:13). He wants the best for us. But we have to be open and ready to accept it...whatever it may be.

The next time God speaks to you, just do it!