August 22, 2005

Strength

"It is said that our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength."
- Charles Haddon Spurgeon


Synchronicity is a wonderful friend. :) This quote arrived in my Inbox at the very moment I typed and sent the following to a friend:
"Robert said yesterday was a hard day and this was going to be a rough week. We had special prayer for him at church last night. I would never wish this worry or stress on ANYONE."

Something I have learned this year is that anxiety and stress really don't help the situation. If anything, it adds to the pressure.

One definition of stress is "to test the limits thereof." I can say without hesitation that I have been tested and tried at all points this year. I have been pushed to more limits than I realized I had. And yet, I have endured.

I realize that I can spend every minute today worrying about what's happening with Robert. Or I can summons every ounce of faith and strength within me and make every moment counts towards something wonderful and beautiful that will encourage myself and my family.

I choose strength.