April 21, 2005

Hey YOU!

This is an open letter to the public. You won't hear me be so brash on here that often, but I am extremely preturbed right now.

Hey, YOU! Yes, YOU--the dingbat(s) that stole my yellow ribbon magnets off the back of my van. I'm talking to you. I hope you enjoy those magnets. I'm sure you got a big laugh out of stealing them off my vehicle.

It's not the magnets that I'm ticked off about. They can be replaced. It's the idea behind the whole scenario. I'm sure family means nothing to you. I imagine you don't have a clue what it feels like to lose someone you love to a war.

You don't know what it's like to raise two children alone. One of which misses her Daddy so much that she cries nearly every day and night.

You don't know the pain of heartbreak. Heartache. Worry. Fear. Anxiety. Loneliness.

One day you will. One day you will know. Read my words and believe every one. I hope you enjoy those two yellow ribbons. I hope they burn a whole in your conscious. I hope it keeps you awake at night.

Oh....and by the way. One last thought. When you lay your head on your pillow tonight, thank your lucky stars that you have a pillow to lay on, a bed to sleep in, a roof over your head. You should say a prayer of thanks that my husband (and many more like him) are defending our country so you can rest your head in peace every night!

Yes, I hope you enjoy those two magnets. I hope they bring you as much comfort as they brought to me and my children. I hope you feel the love that we felt when they were given to us.

Rest in peace. Just remember. You won't get away with it.

God don't like ugly.