April 06, 2005

Keeping it Real

As you may have noticed, I am going through some sort of cleansing or purging phase right now. I feel the need to rid myself of the inner doubts and fears that plague my mind. It really is just a mind game.

Fears are:

Foul
Empty
Annoying
Rotten
Storytellers
(I just made that up, how do you like that? *grin*)

One of my biggest Storytellers has been bothering me for a while. She's been telling me that if I share my inner thoughts, my struggles, my battles, that people will think less of me. She has made fun of my honesty and poked at my uncovering truths.

I finally gave that Storyteller a black eye and knocked her out for good. I believe God wants us to keep it real. I believe He wants us to share with others our struggles and triumphs. This is how we overcome! It is by the word of our testimony. Our testimony encourages others, and gives them strength to carry on.

So from now on, I will keep it real. No more sugar coating. I believe God honors truth!


Proverbs 10:9
People with integrity have firm footing, but those who follow crooked paths will slip and fall. (New Living Translation)