March 03, 2004

Chug-a-Chug

  I'm moving right along. After receiving my wonderful news yesterday, I am stoked. The Lord knew what I needed, and exactly when I needed it. He's such a good Daddy!!
  This morning I am thinking about how quickly things change. One minute you think you're sailing smoothly, and the next you are faced with high winds and choppy seas. You never know what could happen from one minute to the next. That is why it's so important to be grounded in Christ.
  One of the hugest hurdles for me when I'm in the midst of a trial is to remember that all things work together for my good. Even in bad situations, I know that everything happens for a reason. It's up to me to keep the right attitude and to learn from it.
  Sometimes it might feel like what we do is in vain. It may seem that we're not reaching the people we hoped to, or we're spinning our wheels of effort only to get nowhere fast. Nothing is in vain. Make the most of each moment in every day.

  "With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don't hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort." 1 Corinthians 15:58 (The Message)