March 22, 2004

Guts and Glory

  There is something to be said for a mother who cleans up the emptied deposit of a child's stomach contents. My "baby" got her last set of shots today so that she can start school this fall. I don't know if this is a side-effect from the shots, or if it's just nerves, but she went to bed whining with a tummy ache. I had a bad feeling. My intuition is always right.
  She fell asleep only to wake up just a few minutes ago. My painting was interrupted by the sound of gagging. I've never had a problem with cleaning up after someone when they get "sick." But this one takes the cake.
  I stripped said kid, wet a washcloth with warm water and tried to clean her up. Puke caked the side of her hair, arm and face. I nearly barfed myself. I had to maintain composure, thought, because I was afraid if I hurled, she'd proceed to do the same again, too.
  She is now resting comfortably in Mommy's bed. :) I'm crossing my fingers and praying that she sleeps well, and no more GUTS spewing forth!
  If you've read thus far without feeling that slight tingle in your jaw, you may be asking yourself, 'Why in the world did she post this GROSS entry tonight?' Good question!

Here's my answer:

With no guts, there is no glory! This mom is basking in her GLORY tonight!!!!