April 19, 2004

More weighty issues

Coffee, sugar, flavored creamer, ice cream, chocolate, cookies, candy.......can you tell where I'm headed with this yet?

For over a month I made a concerted effort to cut back on the "bad" foods. The harder I try, the more I eat. I think my problem is that I think about all the things I can't have instead of what I can eat.

This weekend I've heard lots of news about Iraq. I'm getting the feeling that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. With the death toll so far at 100 in April, this brings the total since last March to over 700. After taking control of power, Spain's new prime minister is withdrawing their troops. Even though there is a cease-fire through tomorrow, one can't help but wonder if there isn't some sinister planning going on right now.

With Robert in the Army National Guard, I can't help but keep myself updated on what's going on. In the beginning when all this started, I worried a lot. Now I have come to the conclusion that worrying is useless. If he goes, all I can do is wait for him to return home and pray for his safety. If I ever feel myself returning to that "worry" frame of mind, I stop and remind myself of all the women who don't have their husbands anymore. Somehow they find the strength to continue on. So can I.