January 23, 2006

Busy week

I have lots to do this week. I'm hoping to hear from the editor at Super-Secret-Magazine today.In the event of a rejection, I'm forming another idea to send back to her. How exciting--the waiting!




(Warning: Rant forthcoming.)

Since Robert's homecoming, I have decompressed tremendously. The stress and pressure of worry and fear has been removed. And I will even admit that I stopped obsessively watching and reading news about the war in Iraq, simply because I didn't "have" to.

But there is something that sincerely disturbs me.

The entire world by now knows all about the "Brangelina" story (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie). The entertainment society is thrilled breathless about Brad and Angelina expecting their first child.

First of all, is it not disturbing to anyone else but me that Pitt blatantly had an extramarital affair with Jolie?? Secondly, and most importantly, how can the world get so consumed and excited about such a story, when there are much more important issues at hand? I know that we can't be serious all the time. But give me a break.

Pardon me while I scratch my head in wonder.