January 05, 2006

Trusting in Him

Robert and I are doing something we've never done before, at least not this way. (I'm not trying to be secretive, but I won't share the details just yet. Once we're past the process I'll give more info.) This process is scary, yet exciting. It's nerve-wracking, yet causes us to be hopeful and look to the future.

It's so much simpler to trust God in the good times, isn't it?! When it comes right down to it though, you have to have a relationship with God.

God isn't a last resort. He is our pillar of strength, through all of life's circumstances--good and bad. If we can't rely on Him and praise Him through the good times, can we, or should we, really expect Him to hold us up during the bad? Yet He does.

We must trust in God. Regardless.

I feel like my faith muscles have been exercised tremendously over the last year-and-a-half. They're not bulging yet, but I've got some pretty strong muscles. I feel like I have been tested and tried at every point. And while I felt weak and helpless then, I know I have come through the fire stronger than ever.

So now I test my faith in God. I have hope. I believe what He promised. And I know that no matter the end result, God's hand is on my life. And that is my greatest desire. To know Him. To follow Him. To trust Him. No matter what.

"What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see."
- Hebrews 11:1