January 31, 2006

Catapult

Be a Catapult todayMany thanks to a good friend (you know who you are) who helped me through a bad day yesterday. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for listening to me vent my creative and personal frustrations. Thank you for pointing out the obvious, even though I refused to see it. Thank you for understanding. Thank you for being the catapult yesterday that launched me into action last night (I have an article idea fleshed out--because of you). Thank you for helping me see past myself. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!





"We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It's easy to say 'It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.' Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes."
- Fred McFeely Rogers

I'd always heard that you never know who your true friends are until you actually need a friend. I'm not sure I ever believed that until recently when I learned the cold, hard reality of it.

My thoughts today are simple. I will be plain, and straight to the point. If you see a need, RESPOND. Don't wait for someone else to jump into action. Be the catapult! YOU make the choice to react to the need. What if there are many others waiting for someone else to act before they react? Become a catapult.

previously published May 2004