January 01, 2006

January 1, 2006

"So what do we do? Anything. Something. So long as we just don't sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we've satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late."
- Lido Anthony Iacocca


Wow! I sit in awe of how quickly 2005 passed. In some ways it felt like this year would never come to an end. And now that it has, I wonder where the time went. Isn't life funny that way?!

I look forward to this year. I have a good feeling deep, down inside. I don't know how to explain this feeling, except to say that I feel like 2006 is going to be a really great year for me, and for my family. I believe with all my heart that things are going to go up from here.

To be brutally honest, Robert and I have struggled through financial woes for about 7 years now. For the first time in a long time I feel positive, hopeful, peaceful about our future.

I laid a foundation for myself in 2005 without even realizing it. Today, January 1st, I reflect on 2005 with a smile. I learned so much, grew tremendously, and came into my own. I rediscovered myself and found an inner strength I never knew I possessed.

This is the first year I can look back and candidly say that I have no regrets. What a wonderful feeling this is! 2006 can only get better!