February 25, 2004

I'll be there

  I'm one of those people who think I can do everything by myself. I don't like to ask for help. I'd rather just keep my mouth shut and do it myself.
  What if the whole world operated this way? What if nobody ever asked for help? I think we'd probably walk around on this planet like a bunch of zombies, each doing their own thing and noone caring for each other.
  Sometimes you just have to give up the control. We're not super heros, who know all, sees all, and can do all. We're all human. We make mistakes. We suffer disappointment. We revel in victory. And at some point, we all need help.
  This is a tough subject for me because I don't surrender control easily. Nor do I like to ask for help. My pride is my downfall. Proverbs 20:23 says, "Pride lands you flat on your face; humility prepares you for honors." (MSG)
  I suppose the reason why I'm thinking about this subject this morning is because I'm learning myself that it's okay to ask for help. I don't have to know it all. And in asking for help, maybe, just maybe, I can return a helping hand to another!