February 12, 2004

The Price of a Breakthrough

  Yesterday was one of those days! Among other things (baby crying for hours, other child sick), I had a couple of breakthroughs.

  Although I won't go into great detail, my breakthrough had something to do with my writing abilities. There was a certain area deep within me that has stopped me for years. I never realized that, though, until yesterday! Imagine the emotions that went through me. I cried nearly all day. The tears I shed were cleansing tears; tears that confirmed I am on the right track.

  Now that my self-discovery has pointed out something very specific and important, I now know where to go from here. I know what has held me back up to this point. Now that I know, it's up to me to oriented myself and move forward with my goals and aspirations.

  I feel lucky to have had such a revealing moment yesterday. I pray for kindness, to bestow a hand of friendship. Lord, grant me a loving and compassionate heart, that I can reach down and pull up the hurting and brokenhearted. May Your words be mine. Keep me in the center of Your palm, for I know therein, I'll never go astray. Forgive me for straying and the times of turning my face from You. I know that You are my rock and safe place. You are my dearest Friend.