December 09, 2005

I'm grateful for...

I thought I would follow after Toni's lead. She blogged yesterday about what she's grateful for. What better time is there to reflect on such a topic?!

I am grateful for:

  1. My husband. He is the most unselfish, giving, loving, caring person I have ever known.
  2. December 22nd--the day I will (hopefully, if there are no delays) see Robert again. After spending close to one and a half years apart, and him being in Iraq for a year, I will finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief and not constantly worry about his safety and well-being.

  3. My children. They have taught me many lessons in life, and because of them I am nuts have more patience. They have brough much joy to my life, and without them, I would be a shell of the person I am today.

  4. The bare necessities. We have a roof over our heads, clothes on our back, food for our bellies. All the rest is cream and sugar, and I thank You, Jesus for everything we have, little as it may be.

  5. Freedom. This year has taught me that we (Americans) take our freedom for granted. Freedom isn't free. Never has been, never will be. For our freedom, men and women have given their lives. There are wives, children, brothers, sisters, mothers, dads without their loved ones this Christmas, because of their dedication and service to our country. May we never forget that freedom comes with a high price tag. Let us never take it for granted. Remember to say, "Thank you," to a veteran, for their service to our great country, this United States of America.