December 20, 2005

Lots better

This morning everyone is feeling better, with exception to Elijah, who is still congested and on the verge of wheezing. I think he probably just needs some fresh air. We've been couped up in this house since Thursday evening.

Speaking of which, today is going to be a special day for just me and the children. We are going to go to our favorite (not!) store and purchase posterboard, markers, maybe even some glue and glitter, to make Welcome Home posters for Robert. This will actually be Emily's project, and she's very excited about it. I'm excited about her doing it because it will keep her mind busy for a few hours.

My Baby's on an airplane today!!! Oh yeah!! Doing a snoopy dance!! This has been the longest year-and-a-half of my life. It's just not normal for married people to be apart, especially under such tremendously stressful circumstances. I will be relieved when he calls and tells me his feet are on U.S. soil.

I truly appreciate the prayers and well-wishes from all of you who read my blog. Prayers are truly the rock on which we stand, and without God I know I never could have made it through this year. He has been faithful in keeping me strong, even when feeble; joyful, even when sad; powerful, even when weak. Thank you for upholding me on your end--prayer does work!